29 August 2007

Easy Cherry Tarts


Thought I'd round out my Pillsbury Challenge with a dessert, seemed fitting. I found this recipe at allrecipes.com. Very easy to make (I didn't have a mini-muffin pan, so just baked the tarts in foil I shaped like little muffin tins). I cut the dough with a juice glass as recommended, worked perfectly.

While good, these tarts were a wee bit disappointing. I thought the cream cheese mixture would have more flavor, but all I could taste was the cherry topping. Not like that's a bad thing really, cherries are my favoritest fruit and all... Maybe I'll try it again with more powdered sugar in the cream cheese mixture. This recipe still gets high marks in my opinion: it's quick, easy, and a very cute dessert or appetizer when you have people over.

Easy Cherry Tarts


Ingredients:

1 (8 oz.) package refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. confectioners' sugar
1 c. canned cherry pie filling
1/4 tsp. almond extract

Place crescent dough on a lightly floured surface; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 2-in. circles. Place in greased miniature muffin cups. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Place about 1/2 teaspoon in each cup. Combine pie filling and extract; place about 2 teaspoons in each cup.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments: