22 August 2007

Pillsbury Challenge, Nemmie-Style



So, we got back from Wisconsin and were wiped out, yet had a million things to do. One of those things being grocery shopping. While I'm generally one of those really anal people who plans meals and then makes a list and gets everything at once, I just didn't have the strength to do it this time. So off we went to the store, without any idea what we wanted to eat for the week.

We're wandering around the store, and I went to get some butter. Lo and behold, but what did I see? A huge sale on all Pillsbury canned products, all the biscuits and crescent rolls and breadsticks and breads… At a buck apiece, I just couldn't help myself. So I loaded the cart with a bunch of different products, some I've never used before, and started hunting the aisles for possible ingredients.

With that in mind, I decided this week (and all food posts) will revolve around said Pillsbury products. My own personal food challenge of sorts. Every day I'm going to cook our dinner using canned whatnot, and I'll give the recipes and/or critiques. We'll see how it goes! In a minute, I'll be posting my creation from last night.

No comments: